Our chalet ‘il fera beau demain’ is ideally located in Villard-Reculas / Alpe d’huez allowing you to benefit from our surroundings – a calm natural environment, clean air, abundant fauna and flora and our comfortable well appointed apartments.
Your day starts in your apartment with its sunny south facing balcony, superb views of the old village centre, the roaming sheep, the panoramic road to Huez and the glacier peaks of the Oisans: The Muzelle, Taillefer and the Belledonne mountain-ranges.
800 kms of trails in the in Oisans
If you like walking? There are many walks starting from Villard Reculas, with more than 800kms of trails in the in Oisans region. The local tourist office can advise you on the guided walks and give you information about the flora and fauna in the area, finding.
More and more people try our 'Station de Trail': running slopes in our area, we had the French champions of vertical kilometers here!
If you are interested in climbing? There are also many possibilities in the area on which also the local tourist office can advise you. St Christophe en Oisans and La Bérarde are known as departures for climbing La Meije.
Famous cycling challenges
You are a cyclist? From May more and more internationa cyclists come here to taste the challenge of cycling in the Alpes, the famous cycle to Alpe d’Huez is next door! Villard-Reculas is on the same altitude as Huez, lace 6 climbing for Alpe d’Huez. Many cycling events in Spring and Summer.
30 Permanent time trial routes are installed.
Or maybe you are interested in the 174 km ‘Marmotte’ cycle race held in the area every July crossing the legendary mountain passes of the Oisans: ‘Col de la Croix de Fer’, ‘Col du Glandon’, ‘Col du Galibier’, ‘Télégraphe’ and ‘Col du Lautaret.
You can see the ‘Tour de France’ live from here!
Mountainbiking? You will find many challenges on the 240 km MTB slopes around Villard Reculas and the Grandes Rousses. More skilifts are open in summer to bring you up with your bike. Have a look on youtube to watch down-hill races...
Thrilling adventure sports
Big adventure and fun? You will find possibilities for kayak or rafting in ‘Saint Christophe en Oisans’. Paragliding, deltaplane in Alpe d’Huez. Horseriding in Bourg d’Oisans and Alpe d’Huez, Golf in Alpe d’Huez adventure parks in Oz and in Venosc
Touring by car
- Explore the nature and look for marmots and other specific mountain animals
- Alpe d’Huez, it’s not only for cyclists – there is much to see
- La Grave-la Meije, popular and famous climbing environment
- Venosc, village of artists in a spectacular setting
- The ‘Parc national des Ecrins’, a national park set high in the Alps, with its rich fauna and flora
- The ‘Col de Sarenne’ and view the many herds of sheep
- Numerous regional museums and galleries
- And of course you can complete the ‘Marmotte’ cycling-tour by car – an interesting and beautiful trip of about 200 kms.
- A day visit to Grenoble, a scientific and cultural city with many parks, fountains and quality shops.
We can give you a hundred more ideas to spend your days!
The Alps, the Oisans region with Bourg d’Oisans as its charming regional town will delight you.